COURSE OUTLINE FOR 2018-2019
The following are some of the courses offered on Ironwood's 2018-2019 Internship track.
- Discipleship - following Jesus and helping others to follow Him
- Bible Overview - the books, message, events, and characters of the Old and New Testaments
- Prayer - the theology and practice of prayer
- The Father Heart of God - understanding our identity in Christ and experiencing the Father's love.
- Deepening our life in God's Word - how to read and study the Bible for all its worth
- Growing in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit - understanding and operating in spiritual gifts
- Life Skills - how to manage money, use our time and engage in fruitful interpersonal relationships
- The Person and Work of Christ - who Jesus is and all that He accomplished in his ministry on earth
- Homiletics - how to compose and preach a sermon
- Romans 1-8 - the message of Romans as it reveals the holiness, justice and grace of God
- Ephesians - the amazing blessings of being "in Christ" and the difference that makes to everyday life
- The Sovereignty of God in the Circumstances of Life - a case study from the life of Joseph
- The Uniqueness of Christianity - comparing our faith with other religions to see the glory of Christ
- Sex and Sexuality - what does the Bible have to say about sex, gender and morality in the 21st Century
- Evangelism - understanding and sharing the Gospel with others
- Marketplace Ministers - the sacred call to secular employment
If you would like to register for one of the above courses, you may do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As well as these classroom studies, students will also attend three courses offered by Gateway Church.
Jesus said, “My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.” (John 10:27)
Jesus promised that everyone who receives His salvation and surrenders to His Lordship will hear His voice, experience His intimacy and obey Him.
Hearing God is the birthright of every Christ-follower, whether you are a new Christian or you have been following Jesus for decades.
So be prepared for spiritual renewal and transformation. This course will equip you with the tools and confidence to hear God consistently.
Course is offered October 2, 9, 16, 30, Nov 6 and 13, 2018, 2018, 7-9pm.
Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, then you are really my disciples and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free!” (John 8:3132)
A Set Free! Retreat is a weekend of meeting with Jesus through teachings on inner healing, deliverance, the Holy Spirit, and finding lasting freedom in Christ.
During a Set Free! Retreat, we focus on learning to be set free by the power of the cross and being filled with the Holy Spirit to serve God wholeheartedly.
Course is offered February 19-20, 2019
"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you" (Acts 1:8), Jesus said.
Too many Christians live powerless lives. But God has given supernatural gifts to us as believers to use for the benefit of the church and the expansion of God’s Kingdom.
The Empower Ministers Retreat is the follow-up to the powerful Set Free! Retreat, and takes individuals on the next step of their journey with God through focusing on the ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Course offered April 19-20, 2019
Call 204.989.6580 to register.